Home Business Equipment
LiveOps does not provide any equipment to set up your home business.
Independent contractors who support our clients must maintain their own computer, software, telephone and telephone service.
Telephone Service Requirements:
A landline telephone SEPARATE from your home phone
- Long distance service is not necessary
- Call waiting, voicemail and all other features must be disabled
The LiveOps platform supports the following telephone service options:
- Corded landline service
- Digital telephone from AT&T Uverse, Verizon FIOS and Comcast Digital Voice
The LiveOps platform does NOT support the following:
- Voice-over IP phone services (e.g. Skype, Vonage)
- Cellular phones
- Satellite phones
Telephone & Headset Requirement:
- A corded telephone (no wireless telephones)
- A corded headset compatible with your corded telephone (no wireless headsets)
- A personal desktop or laptop computer with 1 GHz Intel Pentium P4 processor or better
- DSL or Cable Modem connection to the Internet
- Connected to your computer by a cable, NO wireless connectivity
- A minimum of 1 GB of RAM Memory.
- Windows XP Professional Edition with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Professional Edition, Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, or Firefox 3.6
- Java 2- Version 1.6
- A monitor capable of displaying at least 1024 X 768 pixels
- A sound card installed
- Speakers or headphones
Computer System configured in accordance with Microsoft's recommendations as outlined on their “Protect Your PC Web Site.” These steps include:
- Windows Update module enabled and configured to update automatically
- Windows standard firewall enabled on systems where it exists
- Anti-Virus software installed and configured to automatically update
- Adware software installed to protect from spyware, malware, etc.