Author: Lisa Lozeau, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding
I love the holiday season, I even love snow, but holiday fa-la-la around the office always seems to be a bit hit or miss. Let’s face it December is a busy time of year when I want to be preparing for and enjoying my own traditions with family and friends.
So how do you get out of all the office festivities without looking like a Scrooge? Find remote work!
There are many benefits of working from home or from your own remote office, not least of which is avoiding these awkward office holiday moments:
1. Fundraisers – You’ve made the mistake of supporting one and now every parent in the office is asking if you want to buy wrapping paper, chocolate, and popcorn tins to support a school or sport.
2. Office Gift Exchange – Whether you call it a White Elephant Gift, Yankee Swap, or Secret Santa, it means trying to find the perfect gift for someone you may not know well, and preparing to graciously accept whatever gift you get in return.
3. The Food, So Much Food – How do you avoid the temptation to dig into leftover sweets and treats? Apparently you bring them to the office and then have a cookie swap to make more.
4. That Cold that Everyone Has – No one wants to be sick for the holidays, but people tend to go to work sick anyway exposing the whole office to sniffles and stomach bugs. Stay home people, stay home!
5. The Office Holiday Party – From the health concerns of doing a potluck lunch during flu season, to the question of appropriate dress for a night out with your boss, to the HR nightmares that can come from a party with an open bar, office parties are the ultimate hit or miss event.
If holidays at the office are dampening your spirit, then check out your options for remote work. You may be surprised at how much is available in your field, especially if you have customer service skills that are in high demand throughout the holiday season.
LiveOps offers a variety of virtual call center opportunities for people who want remote work or to work from home. Our independent agents own their own businesses providing services to our clients. Each agent chooses where they want to work (typically from home), what hours they are available, and what their financial goals are. Then they go out (or rather stay in) and make that happen. Learn more or view our open opportunities today!