A quiet place to work is essential when doing call center work from home with LiveOps. Having a quiet, comfortable place to work will help you focus better and prevent background noise during the calls, which is prohibited by the LiveOps independent contractor agreement.
Take a few minutes to sit quietly in your home office space. You may be surprised to find that you can hear a TV or radio, traffic noises, kids, the neighbor's dog, or other sounds. These background noises will not be tolerated by our clients so it is important to block them out.
Here are a few home office ideas that other agents have shared:
- Choose a room where you can close the door and tell your family and friends that this is a time when you cannot be disturbed.
- Put a note on your front door asking delivery people not to ring the bell.
- Turn the ringer off on your cell phone and make sure your home phone cannot be heard by those on the other end of your land line.
- If traffic noise is a problem, try thicker curtains or even blankets over the window.
- Some agents find it helpful to run a quiet fan in the background.
Comfort matters too!
As an independent agent you will need to use your phone, headset, and computer for at least 30 minutes at a time. Making sure that your office set up is comfortable for you will make that time much more enjoyable.