Because LiveOps agents are independent contractors who own their own business, they are responsible for selecting, setting up, and maintaining their equipment and services, and meeting technical requirements.
You should be comfortable using a computer and performing basic maintenance tasks such as updating anti-virus software and determining which browser you are using.
Before applying, you should review the phone and computer requirements. If you're not sure what some of the technical requirements mean, don't worry. These are actually very simple and there are resources that can help.
Here's what you can do:
- Review the phone and computer requirements page.
- Call your phone company and read them the telephone service requirements. They should be able to help you understand your service options.
- If you have a computer savvy friend, they can probably help you determine whether or not your computer and internet connection meet the requirements.
- If you don't have someone who can help, your local electronics store may be able to help you understand the requirements and/or purchase the equipment you need.
- Visit the LiveOps Agent Community page on Facebook. LiveOps agents are often willing to share advice on what equipment they like to use and tips and tricks.
And remember many successful agents started out with questions, and now they are working from home and enjoying the freedom of being their own boss.