An independent agent is an independent contractor who contracts with LiveOps to provide services to LiveOps’ clients. Independent agents provide tele-services under an Independent Contractor Agreement and receive or place calls to or from individuals on behalf of LiveOps’ clients.
Independent agents work from home and run their own business. They are not employees.
What types of calls do independent agents take?
- Most calls fall into one of these categories: Inbound Sales, Insurance Sales, Insurance Claims, Customer Service, and Healthcare.
- Within these categories there are opportunities for independent agents to provide customer service, inbound sales, outbound calls, and other functions depending on the client or brand.
- When you apply to become an independent agent, you will be able to read descriptions of the opportunities (call types) that are currently available. These descriptions explain what the calls are about, what time calls are available, what the pay structure is, and what skills are needed to be successful on those calls. By carefully reading the descriptions and comparing them to your skills and availability you can select an opportunity that is a good fit for your business.
- Once you become an independent agent, you may opt in to provide services for additional clients and see if your business meets the client requirements. This is a great way to expand your business and get more variety in the types of services your business is able to provide.
What does an independent agent do?
- Independent agents choose how many hours per week they want to work and schedule that time in 30-minute blocks called "commits."
- During each 30-minute commit, agents answer calls as they come in or in a few cases, they may make outbound calls. Call volume can vary, so agents may experience back-to-back calls during some commits and only get a few calls during others. To successfully provide services, agents should plan to be in front of their computer and phone for the whole commit.
- Agents log in online to access scripts and other information, which helps them complete their calls. Online tools also help agents track their talk time and view performance measures.
- The content of the calls vary based on the opportunities the agent chooses when they apply.
- After providing services, agents submit an invoice to LiveOps. Agents invoice per talk minute and may receive other performance-based incentives based on each client’s pay structure. Please note, agents invoice for the time spent talking on the phone, so the amount they earn during a commit varies depending on how many calls were generated during their commit blocks.