Why do I have to pay for my background check?
Process and Timeline
Once you complete your application, you’ll be asked to submit your payment and information for the background and credit check via our secure third-party vendor, Checkr. In general, it takes 2-5 business days, although sometimes it may take longer. You’ll receive a copy of the report by email as soon as it’s complete. Checkr will forward the same report to Liveops, there’s no need to send us your copy.
Background and Credit Check: Reasons why someone might fail
Based on our criteria for independent contractor Agents, you may not qualify if your results reveal any of the following:
- Two or more civil judgments/tax liens (excluding divorce or dissolution of marriage) within the past five years.
- Two or more bankruptcies.
- Debt that is past due or in collections totaling more than $10,000 (excluding home mortgage foreclosure).
- Freeze or fraud alert on your credit file – it will need to be removed before you place the order.
Important: A low credit rating will not automatically disqualify an applicant.
Criminal History: Reason why someone might fail
The criminal history check includes the county, state, and/or federal level. Based on our criteria for independent contractor Agents, you may not qualify if your check reveals any of the following:
- Felony records: Dispositions of guilty, convicted, no contest/nolo contendere, adjudication withheld/deferred adjudication/probation before judgment (if currently under probation), pending, or outstanding warrant.
- Misdemeanor records: Three or more vehicular records with DUI, reckless driving or hit/run, or five or more total misdemeanors.
- Any records involving theft, fraud, dishonesty, breach of trust, arson, or violent crimes with dispositions of guilty, convicted, no contest/nolo contendere, adjudication withheld/deferred adjudication/probation before judgment (if currently under probation), pending, or outstanding warrant.
Liveops contracts with agents in many different states, counties, and jurisdictions. Background & Credit Checks are conducted in accordance with applicable laws & regulations within these states, counties, and jurisdictions and may include reporting at the local, state and national government level, from regulatory and administrative bodies, or as a result of compliance checks in accordance with federal government minimum requirements.